Our vision is to reduce Edmonton’s carbon footprint to zero by 2050 and have fun
while doing it!
- Create an Edmonton greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions inventory
- Set Edmonton emissions reduction targets
- Determine climate-related metrics for Edmonton (e.g. ice-days for skating rinks, km of bicycle trails etc.)
- Develop an action plan for Edmonton
- Find solutions to move Edmonton toward a zero-emission future and increase Edmonton’s resilience to the impacts of climate change
- Complement and expand the City of Edmonton climate change strategies (e.g. “The Way We Green”, “Energy Transition”, “The Way We Move”)
- Canvas Edmontonians for ideas to mitigate and adapt to climate change (“Climate Conversations”) to inform the development of the action plan
- Monitor and publicly report Edmonton’s progress towards achieving the zero-emission goal.